Re: Transition to gnat-4.6 current status

Hi,

This is a status update about the transition to gnat-4.6.
The previous status update is at
http://lists.debian.org/debian-ada/2011/11/msg00002.html

adabrowse           WiP; "ready soon"[1]
adacgi
adacontrol          OK
adasockets
ahven               OK
apq
apq-postgresql
asis                OK
gnade               OK
gnat                OK
gnat-gps            WiP
gnatpython          ITP[2]
gprbuild            OK
libaws              build-depends on libtemplates-parser
libalog
libaunit            OK
libflorist          OK
libgmpada           OK
libgtkada2          OK (renamed to libgtkada)
liblog4ada          RfU
libncursesada       OK
libtemplates-parser OK
libtexttools        OK
libxmlada           OK
libxmlezout         OK
music123            OK
narval              ready but build-depends on polyorb
opentoken           OK
pcscada
polyorb             ready but build-depends on gnatpython
spark               OK
topal               OK

RfU stands for Request for Upload. This means the package is ready in the
maintainer's opinion and waiting for me to upload.

WiP stands for Work in Progress.

The only change in unstable since the last report is that libgtkada is
now in unstable.  I have started work on gnat-gps, traditionally the
largest and most labor-intensive package, and made good progress; I think
I'll be able to upload during the holidays.  I have chosen to update
gnat-gps to version 5.0, not 5.1, because only 5.0 is source-compatible
with libgnatprj4.6.  Still, I have to patch the sources so they compile
with libgtkada2.24.0-dev (upstream uses 2.18).  Most of the patches are
mechanical but there are also a couple more subtle cases.

All in all, it looks like we'll be in a position to complete the
transition by FOSDEM 2012 :) We'll then have another 4 months
to fix any bugs before the freeze of Wheezy in June 2012.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-ada/2011/12/msg00006.html
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-ada/2011/12/msg00007.html