Re: gcc-gnat sources

Ludovic Brenta wrote:
> The ideal way to resolve this problem is to build gprbuild against
> libgnatvsn (GNAT Version Library, GPL3 with Library Exception) and
> libgnatprj (GNAT Project File parser, pure GPL), two libraries that I
> created for this very purpose.  In Debian, I build these libraries from
> the GCC sources; the -dev packages place the sources in
> /usr/share/ada/adainclude/libgnat{vsn,prj} so that other programs can
> use them.  Gnatmake and GPS are two such programs and gprbuild is a good
> third candidate.

Have you tried to submit the patch to build those libraries upstream? Was it
rejected for some reason?

Fedora has a policy of staying close to upstream, and I'm afraid it wouldn't
be well received if we would try patch GCC in Fedora to build those libraries.
If it were included in the GCC source distribution I'm sure it would be fine in
Fedora. (On the other hand Fedora has a policy against bundled libraries but I
don't think that applies if the code never was a separate library to begin
with.)

Björn Persson