Re: Gnat on Debian testing not working any more

Erik Pessers writes:
>      /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc_s

I think I have found the root cause of the problem.

gcc-4.4 (= 4.4.6-4) introduced support for multiarch, which depends on
corresponding support in libgcc1, which is built from the gcc-4.6 sources.
Version 4.4.6-6 then migrated to testing.

gcc-4.6 (= 4.6.0-12) introduced support for multiarch (also in libgcc1) but has
not migrated to testing yet.  As a consequence, the libgcc1 in testing is not
yet multiarch-aware.  Because of this, gcc-4.4 is currently broken.

A temporary workaround seems to be to install a newer version of libgcc1 (>=
1:4.6.0-12) manually.  The version from sid seems suitable.  Could you tell me
whether that solves the problem and confirms my theory?