Next version of ASIS in Debian (was: On the way to have libaws...)

Xavier Grave wrote:
> @Ludovic : Do we go with it or do you want me to try to import 2010 GPL
> and use this one ?

Try 2010 GPL Edition.

ASIS is tightly correlated with GCC, so we must find as close a match as
possible between the ASIS and GCC sources.  This problem is mitigated, but
not eliminated, by libgnatvsn which we build from the GCC sources for use
in ASIS.

The GCC development timeline [1] indicates that GNAT GPL 2010 was released
during GCC 4.6 Stage 1; therefore GCC 4.6 is the version of GCC closest to
GNAT GPL 2010.  ASIS GPL 2011, when it is released, will probably not be
suitable as it will correspond to GCC 4.7 Stage 1.

[1] http://gcc.gnu.org/develop.html#timeline