Re: compile packages with gnat-4.6

> I have a new upstream version for narval (1.14) and I'm planning to
> package it using gnat-4.6.
>
> To do so I'm needing a few packages :libxmlada libaws liblog4ada polyorb
> and so on ...
> So I plan to compile all the needed packages with gnat-4.6 and latest
> code from com.adacore.*
>
> Is there something I'm missing ? I just ask the question before going to
> far for nothing :)

Just remember to change the aliversion of every -dev package.  Also, you
may want to see if newer upstream versions are available and desirable.

For most of com.adacore.*, you need to remove the "special exception"
text from the comments at the start of each file.  I have a shell script
for this (at home).  There are com.adacore.debian.* branches containing
upstream sources without the "special exception" and, in some cases, some
patches backported from their trunk.

I have tried to keep up with new upstream releases and added corresponding
tags in some of those branches.