Re: [Packaging] Trying to build gnat-gps

----------------original message-----------------
De: "Ludovic Brenta" ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org
A: debian-ada@lists.debian.org
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 18:52:21 +0100

> xavier grave xavier.grave@ipno.in2p3.fr writes:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Trying to build gnat-gps on unstable sid (a fresh one) I encounter this
>> error :
>>
>> gcc -c gbuilder/src/utils.c -o gbuilder/src/utils.o -g -O2
>> -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include
>> -I/usr/include/atk-1.0
>> -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0
>> -I/usr/include/pixman-1
>> -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/directfb
>> -I/usr/include/libpng12
>> -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include
>> gbuilder/src/utils.c: In function 'ada_properties_count':
>> gbuilder/src/utils.c:4: error: 'GObjectClass' has no member named
>> 'n_property_specs'
>> gbuilder/src/utils.c: In function 'ada_nth_property':
>> gbuilder/src/utils.c:8: error: 'GObjectClass' has no member named
>> 'property_specs'
>>
>> Does someone already hit something like this ?
>
> Yes, I've hit this before; it is covered by glib2.22.patch. It looks
> like you have not applied the patches. Note that Nicolas Boulenguez
> switched the latest upload to source format 3.0 (quilt), which implies
> that dpkg-source -x will apply the patches as part of extracting the
> sources; there is no longer a "debian/rules patch" target. I don't know
> all the details about this new format. Nicolas, could you explain or
> point us to some doc?

Thanks, I'll try to go one step further now. I'm also very interested in the
source format 3.0, do you know of some place with the pro and con about it ?

I was also wondering to add a gen-orig-source target. What's the rev and
branch I should use if I intend to do so ? (By the way do you think of
adding such target ?)

xavier