Re: Tagging of Ada packages

xavier grave <xavier.grave@ipno.in2p3.fr> writes:

> Le 28/05/2010 11:32, Ludovic Brenta a écrit :
>>
>> xavier grave wrote:
>>> I have started to add debtags to Ada packages in squeeze.
>>> Where do you think I should keep track of this ?
>>> I have a flat file for the moment, but I would like to make it public to
>>> let most of Ada packages maintainers to be aware of it.
>>
>> Have you checked which packages lack debtags?  If you assumed that
>> no package had any debtags, you are wrong.  You must install the package
>> "debtags" and browse the Ada packages in aptitude.
>
> I have started to check the packages list

Before spending time adding tags, it would be good to be sure it is time
well spent.

What tool uses tags to find packages? aptitude doesn't, synaptic claims
to but I can't see how to do it.

debtags claims to, but is apparently broken (or I just don't get it).

Are you aware of a tool that does this?

If there is no user-friendly tool that takes advantage of tags, then
creating tags is a waste of time. That time could be better spent on
other things.

At the same time, adding Suggests to package control files is easy, and
aptitude and synaptic will use that information. So we have a solution
to the problem; no need for a redundant solution.

--
-- Stephe