Re: Lintian warning

Xavier Grave <grave@ipno.in2p3.fr> writes:

>>> On the way to get rid off lintian warnings I get the following warning :
>>> quilt-build-dep-but-no-series-file
>>> Indeed I build dep on quilt because upstream uses quilt,
>>
>> I don't understand this. If you don't actually run quilt from
>> debian/rules, you don't need to build depend on quilt.
>>
>> What upstream runs when they build is irrelevant.
>
> quilt is used by upstream as gnat-4.4 is. So I need a build depend upon
> gnat-4.4 and quilt ?

You seem to be implying that you are running the actual upstream build
process from debian/rules; is that correct?

The Debian builds that I am familiar with don't use the upstream
Makefile, for example.

The crucial question is:

    Does quilt run during the Debian build?

If it does, then you need to build-depend on quilt. If the series file
is not where Lintian expects it, then you need to provide the Lintian
override.

--
-- Stephe