Re: License puzzle

Xavier Grave writes:
> As I have a closer look to license I found that in Debian some files are
> shipped with GPL V2 and others with GPL V3.
> This isn't a problem except if you want to link an application with both
> (for example in /usr/share/ada/adainclude aws.gpr is GPL V2, xmlada.gpr is
> GPL V3). As stated in [1] by Richard Stallman, GPL v2 and GPL v3 are
> incompatibles.
> xmlada and aws are under GPL v2, except for the xmlada.gpr file.
>
> Technically I don't link with xmlada.gpr even if I use it ?
> As far as I understand, that implies that I have to ship Narval under GPL
> V2.

The /usr/share/ada/adainclude/*.gpr files are not from AdaCore, they are
from me.  I tried to use the same license as the software I packaged but
I may have made a mistake.  As you correctly point out, you do not link
your program with the .gpr files, so this has no consequence on NARVAL.

Note also that both AWS and XML/Ada are under "GPL version 2 or later",
not just GPL v2, therefore (I think) you can license NARVAL under GPL v3
if you want.