Re: best way to change speakup defaults in debian automatically when the system boots into console mode

On Thu, 21 Mar 2024, Chime Hart wrote:

Well, Frank-and-All, while I am certainly not useing espeak, I don't think speakupconf does any good for these DecTalk settings, which hopefully I filed a bug. These seem to be defalts, unless there are ways of compiling changes in the drivers? I know what values I would like, but its just a matter of not only getting there, but making sure values aren't dropping back. Thanks in advance

Not quite sure what your issue is, can you explain in more detail?

To be clear, the way speakupconf works is that you get the settings as you would like them, then run

speakupconf save

Then any time you run

speakupconf load

the settings you saved will be restored.

HTH,
Geoff.