How Long To DD An SD Card

Hi,
I have Debian i386 Bull'seye running on an old Asus 701, it's booting to a 32 GB SD card.
I was trying to figure out with limited SD cards handy, how to install a clean install of Debian on another SD card, so I can customize it for a media server.
The internal SDD is only 4GB and sometimes has issues, that is why I boot to an SD card.
So what I'm doing now, and maybe it isn't the best way, is I'm doing a DD from the boot card to another SD card in a USB card reader.
I confirmed it was showing as /dev/sdc, the boot up card is /dev/sdb.
So I did:
sudo dd if=/dev/sdb of=/dev/sdc
and I think it might be working, but there's no feedback, either it is hanging, or working without a report.
Is there a better way to do this?
Thanks.

Glenn