Re: espeakup stops speaking bookworm arm64

Ok, that's cautiously promising.

The next suggestion is maybe a bit annoying: try undoing or commenting-out the language selection and checking whether the previous error-prone behaviour returns.

I haven't been able to figure out why choosing a language in the config file would make a difference yet, but if we can confirm that it definitely does, then that's a useful clue.

On Wed, Mar 29, 2023, 20:14 Frank Carmickle <frank@carmickle.com> wrote:
On Mar 29, 2023, at 14:17, Frank Carmickle <frank@carmickle.com> wrote:
> That appears to be a very good question, as when I specify a language at all it doesn't seem to stop speaking. I hadn't even realized that the system didn't have a value in the config, /etc/default/espeakup. I'll keep pounding on it. As of the last few hours, I can not make it stop speaking once I have a language set. Maybe it's that I haven't tried the default language though. How would I find that?

Spoke too soon . That time it took a very long time to replicate.

Next?

Thanks so much.
--FC