Re: Installation Errors

On 19/3/23 13:23, D.J.J. Ring, Jr. wrote:
No one answered my bug report about not being able to log in using my user account, so I will use "smartctl -t long" and see what is happening to my hard drive!

I would suggest looking for relevant error messages in your system logs. For example, you could attempt to log in as an ordinary (non-root) user while running journalctl -f in a separate terminal, as root.

I wouldn't expect any hard drive issue to be the cause of your authentication problem unless you're getting serious I/O errors in the system logs. Of course, if the drive is failing anyway, it's time for a new one.