To: <debian-accessibility@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2023 4:58 PM
Subject: startup script

Hi All,
What is the best way to get either a CLI command to run when the desktop is
loaded?
I typically use crontab and run a couple commands there, but I want this to run when the desktop starts, because the system won't connect to WIFI until
the desktop starts.
I like my computers to speak the IP Address they are using.
In my computers that boot to the CLI, I have the crontab line:
hostname -I | espeak
I wondered if I made a bash script with this in it, and if the startup
applications in the desktop would launch it, or if I can make a .desktop
file that would launch this command.
Thanks.

Glenn