Re: Installing Debian

Well I went with the Ethernet cable, and it is installing now.
Glenn
----- Original Message -----
From: K0LNY ??
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2023 12:11 AM
Subject: Installing Debian

Hi All,
I'm installing the latest Debian 32 bit onto an SD card in my Asus 701.
I had done this with version 11.04, and now I'm using 12.2.
It is the net installer, around 700 MB.
I have it talking with S on boot up.
I selected wireless install, and it found my network and connected.
But when I get to the part where I have to select a mirror, it errors.
I plugged in an Ethernet line, quite a bother in this case, but it still cannot find the mirror.
I tried the default choice, and I also tried option 1, which I think is FTP.debian.org.
I tried entering that manually too, and it did not work.
It formatted the SD card already, and installed the base system.
I don't know if it would come up talking if I just quit the installer and rebooted.
Are there any suggestions for getting all the CLI packages if I can reboot and have it speaking?
Thanks
A man with a clock always knows what time it is.
A man with two clocks is never sure.
-- A derivative of Segal's law