An important note, though: now espeak-ng refuses to say anything if I use it from the command line if espeakup is running first (killing espeakup then restarting it lets me use them at the same time). Any guidance to fix this would be appreciated, though I must admit this is less important to me than the choppy speech (which, as I said, got fixed after updating).

Thanks,

Sukil

El 07/08/2023 a las 18:47, K0LNY escribió:
I remember that problem in windows.
I installed eSpeak to use with Jaws and it was really choppy.
I didn't know it had gotten fixed.
The choppy speech in RaspberryPI is pretty bad.
I don't think the problem occurs in Arch, such as Stormux.

Glenn
----- Original Message -----
From: "Sukil Etxenike arizaleta" <sukiletxe@yahoo.es>
To: <debian-accessibility@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Monday, August 7, 2023 1:21 AM
Subject: Re: Choppy speech when using espeak and espeakup on a Raspberry Pi

Hello,

There was an issue with stuttering on Windows:
<https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/issues/1190> which got fixed
(but no new versions were released afterwards). I created an issue, it
is at <https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/issues/1781>.

Thanks,

Sukil

El 07/08/2023 a las 1:22, Samuel Thibault escribió:
Hello,

Sukil Etxenike arizaleta, le sam. 05 août 2023 19:10:17 +0200, a ecrit:
I am experiencing choppy speech when running espeakup and also when
running espeak on its own, but not when generating wave files and
playing them with aplay.
I'd say this should be discussed with upstream espeak-ng,
https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/issues