Installed Bookworm on my Lenovo P360 Tiny Workstation. Wifi Commically slow!

Hi all,

The subject says it all. This is a relatively high powered workstation with Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201. In Debian, it is recognized as 00:14.3 Network controller: Intel Corporation Alder Lake-S PCH CNVi WiFi (rev 11).

I was previously dual booting the system with Ubuntu 22.04 and Windows 11. In both cases, wifi worked fine.

I started to notice something was up during Bookworm installation. The firmware for my wireless card was detected and I connected to my network; However the installer slowed to a crawl at the Configuring APT screen and never sped back up.

Now that the system is installed, I’m experiencing ridiculous results. Below is a sample run of speedtest-cli. Note, I’m paying for and usually get around 300 Mbit/s up and down under normal circumstances:

Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...

Testing from AT&T U-verse (MyIp)...

Retrieving speedtest.net server list...

Selecting best server based on ping...

Hosted by eero (Columbus, OH) [280.46 km]: 113.172 ms

Testing download speed........

..

Download: 7.28 Mbit/s

Testing upload speed........

..

..

..

..

..

..

..

Upload: 67.64 Mbit/s

Um… Help?! Anyone have any ideas what might be going on?

Thanks,

--Al