Re: Debian Package Update Menu?

On 4/21/23 16:49, Chime Hart wrote:
Hi All: In the past while running upgrades in SID, if there were an item
where I needed to choose among installing a maintainers version or
keeping mine, the menu showed letter combinations-and-explained what
would happen. Well, now the menu is numeric-and-I am not sure actually
typing 1 of these numbers will do any good. Here is what I heard
Setting up grub-efi-amd64-bin (2.06-11) ...
Setting up grub2-common (2.06-11) ...
Setting up grub-efi-amd64 (2.06-11) ...
Configuring grub-efi-amd64
--------------------------

A new version (/tmp/grub.BX3nL13UF5) of configuration file
/etc/default/grub is available, but the version installed currently has
been locally modified.

   1. install the package maintainer's version    3. show the
differences between the versions            5. show a 3-way difference
between available versions  7. start a new shell to examine the situation
   2. keep the local version currently installed  4. show a side-by-side
difference between the versions  6. do a 3-way merge between available
versions
What do you want to do about modified configuration file grub? Back
again live: I wanted to keep my own, number 2 was highlighted, so I
mashed enter. But even those numbers were in a lopsided order. Please

The DEBIAN_FRONTEND to use is up to you! :)

--
John Doe