Re: debian installer accessibility for arm64

Frank Carmickle, le mer. 15 févr. 2023 11:22:02 -0500, a ecrit:
> The first thing to note is that the image does not come up talking at all in stock configuration.

What is "the stock configuration"? Does that include a framebufer
device? If not, that's expected: speakup only works with an actual
virtual console, which will get enabled only if there is something to
display it.

> I'm guessing we can force some kind of video mode if we are asked to run the installer with speech?

That's already what the installer image does. But it cannot magically
create framebuffer hardware.

> Later on there are other errors when it tries to download components from deb.debian.org <http://deb.debian.org/>. It says that it can't find the kernel modules.

That's just because the kernel is currently getting upgraded in Debian,
that'll sort itself out in the coming days.

> It's also not detecting disks, either scsi or virtio.

That's probably related to it because it'd then not have the
corresponding drivers.