Re: no space left on device

dpkg.log has all of the packages installed and date stamps for when those
got installed.  kern.log is a log of kernel activity.
The kern.log may have warnings and errors and fatals in it that may be
helpful to know.
That can be searched with grep -i fatal kern.log grep -i error kern.log
and grep -i warn kern.log.
One thing about Linux if you don't already know it is that Linux is a
tough operating system.  If something doesn't work and Linux can bypass it
and still come up running that's what Linux does.

Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com> "There are four boxes to be used in
defense of liberty:
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)

.