installing debian with speech, debian testing can not get passed scanning installation media

hello fellow debian fans, is it just my computer or is anyone experiencing the same thing. due to how new my system is I have to use testing as stable does not work with my hardware regardless of if I use non free. heres the problem, I download the latest snapshot,  the last I tested was october, and the testing snapshots get updated once a week, basically what happens is you select a language and keyboard then wait for the network dialogue, when it says scanning installation media, it gets stuck and speech stops working, not sure if this has been fixed, but this doesn't happen when installing the bookworm alpha images, but I would still like to be tracking testing once bookworm becomes stable