Re: Voxin Almost Works

The current version of voxin is voxin 3.3rc6,

Voxin 2.2.1 is really old and probably will NOT work.

https://voxin.oralux.org/

22 August 2022: Voxin 3.3rc6

Compatibility:

Orca and speech-dispatcher (versions 0.9 to 0.11)
x86_64 for Vocalizer Embedded or IBM TTS
ARM (v7-a, v8-a) for Vocalizer Embedded

Voxin 3.3rc6 embeds one of the 400 voices of Vocalizer Embedded or IBM
TTS for several GNU/Linux distributions.

The objective is to have more TTS choices for Orca, Emacspeak and
possibly the console based screen readers on various architectures.

Compatible with:
Arch Linux (August 2022)
Debian 8, 10, 11 (testing)
LibreELEC 10.0/Raspberry Pi
Raspbian GNU/Linux 11
Slint 14.2.1 (August 2022)
Ubuntu 20.04, 22.04

Voxin 3.3rc6 is compatible with Emacspeak (IBM TTS), Fenrir,
Orca/Speech-Dispatcher, SBL,.compatible Emacspeak 53.0 and more recent
versions.

Best wishes,

David