Virus question

I have some sort of a virus. While installing Debian 11.5, with the text
installer at the point in the installer where it asks me to choose a
Debian mirror, I am given the choice to choose between 1 of 2 Devuan
Linux sites instead. I tried fresh downloads of both the 32 and 64 bit
version, as well as normal and unofficial downloads ISO's. All downloads
came from the cdimage.debian.org/cdimage web site. I use the DD command
to install the ISO's to a USB flash drive. It also now appears that the
USB flash drives are also possibly infected.
Are there any known virus's which may do this and if so what do they
affect and how to get rid of them?

--
 <dhoffjr@att.net>