Re: new member

I also have Debian installed on a Asus 701 (Debian 7, not Debian 11),
console only installation. I don't think you will be able to install
Mate, but if you are able it will be extremely slow if you are using
ORCA. I use it to listen to internet radio and do some searching with
the text only web browsers. It runs great in the console.  At one time I
had Vinux 3.1 installed with the GUI desktop but is was very slow, and
since Vinux was based on Ubuntu it was soon out of date. Debian 7 was
the last Debian version in which Voxin ran without problems.
--
 <dhoffjr@att.net>