no space left on device

Hi All,
I've been looking on-line for some solutions, to the problem of my Asus 701
with only 4GB internal space, which is giving me the  error of:
no space left on device
I think I filled it up with the program:
gqrx-sdr
Then I found out that GQRX-sdr is apparently a GUI  program only.
So I did
sudo apt remove gqrx-sdr
and then I did the command:
sudo apt clean
I rebooted.
So then I started looking for stuff to remove, FenrirScreenreader may still
be installed, and I tried to remove it, but whenever I try to remove
packages, I get the same error.
no space left on device

There a lot of items in /tmp.
I'm wondering if I can simply delete everything in /tmp without causing more
problems.
I also tried apt autoclean and got the same error.
Any ideas to fix this are much appreciated.

Glenn