Voxin Almost Works

Hi All,
Gilles at Oralux sent me an update script to update Voxin to 2.2.1, and
direction to install speech-dispatcher-ibmtts, then update.
Well I'm getting closer, but it still isn't right, because spd-say does not
work, but if I run spd-conf and select ibmtts and alsa, I hear the voxin,
but still, spd-say test, is silent, and espeakup isn't using it.
Could it be that spd-conf is not hooking to some other files, possibly
because I installed python3-speech-dispatcher, several days back?
Thanks for any help.

Glenn