Why Was this Interactive Dialogue Changed?

Hi All: Here in Debian SID, this morning like almost all mornings, I run an update/upgrade. Well, the following somewhat confusing dialogue was heard:
Configuring grub-efi-amd64

A new version (/tmp/grub.5v5YFFfMZW) of configuration file /etc/default/grub is available, but the version installed currently has been locally modified.

1. install the package maintainer's version 3. show the differences between the versions 5. show a 3-way difference between available versions 7. start a new shell to examine the situation 2. keep the local version currently installed 4. show a side-by-side difference between the versions 6. do a 3-way merge between available versions

What do you want to do about modified configuration file grub?

What do you want to do about modified configuration file grub? Back again live. This seems in columns, but I typed a number 2 but maybe these weren't menu choices? In the past they were simple letter choices. A numbered menu would be fine, but I think I made a wrong choice because of these listings. Thanks so much in advance
Chime