Debian Firmware

Hi, I am for this as an normal user I should not have to wonder if the
firmware for my hardware is free or not and I just want a system that
works with all of my hardware regardless of if it is free or not.  Nick
Gawronski

That's not going to happen, Debian has a rule about "non free"" software.

i agree with you that the non-free rule should have been abandoned years ago.

You cannot even play some sound files unless you put additional entries in your /etc/apt/sources;list file.

This sources generator in Switzerland makes it easier;

With this Sources generator, you have to change these file names because they still have stable as the last stable which was "Buster". So pick "testing" them manually edit the files to change "testing" to stable"

https://debgen.simplylinux.ch/index.php

Regards.

Daod