Re: how to stop Marco from locking up on Bullseye/Mate?
- To: Jérémy Prego <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: how to stop Marco from locking up on Bullseye/Mate?
- From: Chevelle <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2022 10:11:21 -0400
- Message-id: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20220629122512.xaz4l7u7i3ooicnb@begin> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Ok that is a good tip, thanks. It doesn't make sense, but since I
installed firefox-esr version 91.11.0esr-1_deb11u, the problem hasn't
happened. Maybe one of the libraries Firefox depends on was upgraded.
I didn't even start up Firefox previously and would have the problem
whever I closed VLC or MPV and sometimes Chromium.
If you haven't installed that, you could try it as an experiment.
On 6/29/2022 7:47 PM, Jérémy Prego wrote:
I confirm this bug under debian with a version of marco higher than
I had already mentioned this problem earlier without a solution so
far. I don't know how to reproduce the problem every time.
to unlock marco and orca, just call the orca preferences with the
shortcut orca + space. once an orca window appears everything
unlocks...until next time...
Le 29/06/2022 à 20:48, Chevelle a écrit :
If I start VLC to play an audio file and press control-q to quit the
file Marco gets locked up. This renders ORCA useless because it
can't read things properly. The system is useless at that point. A
similar thing happens with MPV. It was happening with Chromium until
version 103 came out last week. If I switch to a console window and
kill Marco the problem goes away temporarily.
Does anybody have a solution for this or know how to track it down or
file a bug report on it?
I sent the ORCA developer a debug file demonstrating the problem with
Chromium, but she never answered me.
On 6/29/2022 9:59 AM, Didier Spaier wrote:
Le 29/06/2022 à 15:27, Roberto Burceni a écrit :
Thank you for your response. Which distribution are you using for
Slint, but running the pre-version 15.0 not yet released (I am its