Re: new computer and debian-bullseye

On 6/21/2022 10:06 AM, jdashiel@panix.com wrote:
I got a penguin pro 11 to replace a dead amd system.  Having installed
debian before I usually only select standard utilities in package
selections.  That option is no longer available.

How did you install Debian?

I put espeak-ng and
espeakup and dependencies on the system and enabled them.  The

This suggest that you did not 'Install Debian with speech'.

problem I
have is cinnamon.  How can I remove cinnamon the debian desktop
environment mozilla thunderbird and retain a standard utilities
environment?

You can 'purge' any pkgs that you do not need.

Instead of purging, I would suggest reinstalling from scratch.

--
John Doe