Re: Iggdrasill, a new amazing screen reader

On Mon, Jan 3, 2022, 02:56 Sébastien Hinderer <Sebastien.Hinderer@ens-lyon.org> wrote:
Hello David, all,

D.J.J. Ring, Jr. (2021/12/29 21:07 -0500):
> I love Debian but right now I cannot get the latest Debian to install
> correctly, alas.

Why? Did you report the problem?

Sébastien.

Yes, the installer fails to speak from just before it searches for my sound card, and continues not to speak until the system is rebooted. I finish the installation by using a hand held magnifier on the screen.

After reboot, espeak is in the console and orca in the graphical environment.

I still have sound problems with playing music from browser. I have two sound cards, the first one recognized is digital output which I do not use, the second one is analog which I use. in the mixer, the analog audio card is greyed out and not unselectable.  I have tried to modify /etc/asound.conf to reverse the order, but it doesn't help or I did it wrong. Debian Buster had no such problems, everything just worked; the installer had sound in console, the browser had sound.

Do I gain anything by installing a new release or if I have /etc/apt/sources.list set to "stable" will I end up with the new release?

It seems a better way for me is to put back Buster release and just get the new files as they get sent out on the repository.

Thanks for asking, I've put in a bug report, I understand that work is being done on the sound problems.

I just cannot understand why Buster installer worked perfectly and now the installer is having problems giving sound during installation.  Also after installation, I didn't have the problem with my needed analog sound card being greyed out when I ran Buster.

Regards,

David