Re: Iggdrasil, a new amazing screenreader

for those distros that are not accessible, you can make them accessible but you may need sighted help, for instance, orca isn't just gonna work by installing it as you have to enable espeak and espeakup as a service in any distro that isn't debian or fedora, chromium is only accessible on distros based on debian based on a dependency that only debian has and that ubuntu also uses, fedora users are out of luck here, so are arch and opensuse users

On Thu, Dec 30, 2021 at 7:10 AM Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
D.J.J. Ring, Jr., le mer. 29 déc. 2021 21:56:55 -0500, a ecrit:
> Also with Slint, arguably the most accessible of them all, you have the choice
> of various screen readers in console:
>
> espeakup (Console screen reader connecting espeak-ng and speakup)
> fenrir (Modular, flexible and fast console screen reader)
> speechd-up (Console screen reader connecting Speech Dispatcher and speakup)

You also have the same choice on other distributions such as Debian.

Please don't fall in a distro war, we don't need that.