Re: Commands Inside the Installer

Samuel,

I tried booting into the mini iso and it's telling me - but not saying - to use sound card, 1 then 2 then 3, and keeps repeating those so a person has a chance to select the one that worked, but no sound, so it's now picking up my USB camera sound card, but it doesn't tell me which sound card it is, and without sound I don't know which to select.  Also since it doesn't have firmware for ilwi or whatever the module I need for the WiFi I have in this computer, I wasn't going to install the mini.iso.

I don't have access to Ethernet here I have community WiFi.

DR

On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 12:31 PM Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
D.J.J. Ring, wrote:
> amixer -c 0 scontrols
> Invalid card number

Oh. That was not really expected. It doesn't seem to be producing an
issue in the script, but let's invest a bit there. Could you try this
image:

https://people.debian.org/~sthibault/tmp/mini.iso

which includes the i915 driver, to see if that helps with the sound? And
also run again

amixer -c 0 scontrols

to check if that card number 0 is still invalid