Re: Debian Installer Bullseye RC 1 release

On Sat, May 08, 2021 at 10:23:30PM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
>> >- Do you end up with a /var/lib/alsa/asound.state file on the installed
>> >  system?
>> >- Please post the content of that file
>>
>> The file ist also there. It looks like this:
>>

>> 	control.2 {
>> 		iface MIXER
>> 		name 'Master Playback Volume'
>> 		value.0 63
>> 		value.1 63
>> 		comment {
>> 			range '0 - 63'
>> 		}
>
>So that's the maximum
>
>> 	control.17 {
>> 		iface MIXER
>> 		name 'PCM Playback Volume'
>> 		value.0 51
>> 		value.1 51
>> 		comment {
>> 			range '0 - 63'
>
>So that's not the maximum, but that's already very large.
>
>Is the timestamp (see "stat /var/lib/alsa/asound.state") still dated the
>time of your installation, and not of your fixing the sound levels?

To be honest, I am not sure because I increased the sound directly after the installation. I'll do another installation later this evening or tomorow and reporort back if the problem with the volume still occures and I'll post asound.conf file directly from after the installation.

Cheers,

  Schoepp