Re: This is sort of am accessibility problem

On 10/14/2021 10:19 AM, Gregory A. Lewis wrote:
Yesterday I installed Debian 11.1.0, 3 times.  I installed with
debian-11.1.0-i386-netinst.iso and I was connected to the internet with a
cable and and ethernet.  I installed 3 times because I couldn't get the
root password to set.  I know what the passwords that I used were. I even
opened the visual view of my passwords so I wouldn't make a mistake, but
after setting up and finishing install they did not work.  As last resort
on the third try I tried 'sudo passwd root' and that flew.  It's a problem
but at least the solution is simple right now.  You don't want your root
password floating in a setup stream anyway   Thsnk you.

Csn you recommend a manual for setting up auxiliary accounts on the same
machine ?  Thank you again.

Gregory Lewis

I just did an install using

https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/iso-cd/debian-11.1.0-amd64-netinst.iso