Re: Auto login

Yes, I've wrote it. But it didn't work. My friend played with that and he did somw work and it works. He did this:
1. He opened terminal.
He wrote:
sudo caja
he wrote password and pressed backspace twice to go to the / folder. After that he went to the ETC folder and found Lightdm folder. In that folder he made the folder Lightdm.conf.d and went in that. It isn't necessary to make this folder in all computers, sometimes the folder exists.
In this folder make new file for example
90_jessie-autologin.conf
Open the file.
Write in that
[SeatDefaults]
autologin-user=Jessie
Save with CTRL S and close everything. Restart and all is OK.

Best regards

Vojta.

Raphaël POITEVIN napsal(a):
Vojtěch šmiro <vsmiro@seznam.cz> writes:
It doesn't work.

I've wrote
autologin-user=username
username is your user name.

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL napsal(a):
Yes you can. In /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf, just uncomment autologin-user= line and add, after =, your username (login). Be careful, if you dont set it properly, you probably need to fix via the tty interface.

Regards

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL
Debian Developer non uploading
Community team member
Accessibility team member
debian-l10n-french team member
President of Debian France non-profit organization