Re: How do I delete a file in Mate?

I did a bit more looking around, there is one file manager that will run as root user (administer account.) it's pcmanfm-qt install that program, it has an option to open the folder as root, you can delete any file with root.

You can also use it in graphical mode to chown a file or to chmod a file when the regular user doesn't own the file.

Regards,

David

On Sat, Jun 6, 2020, 16:24 Didier Spaier <didier@slint.fr> wrote:
Maybe off topic, but a good reading: