Re: Graphics (braille) embossing

It's in the cups-filters package, on https://github.com/OpenPrinting/cups-filters

> Samuel Thibault schrieb am 20.02.2020, 23:11 +0100:
> >Sebastian Humenda, le jeu. 20 févr. 2020 22:17:56 +0100, a ecrit:
> >> How good is the interpretation of the layout?
> >
> >It's simply liblouis.
>
> Ok, so I'll need to take a look there. The first results with the embosser
> looked strange, a mixture of English and German grade 2 braille...

That's possibly because of the default selection according to the
locale.

> >> How would I adjust settings such as the language to emboss?
> >
> >As usual with cups, in the http://localhost:631 web interface, or on the
> >fly on the command line.
>
> I had the impression that it simply ignored settings that I have set in the
> printer tab of my text editor (pluma), but I need a more reliable way to test
> this. When I print from pluma, it always inserts the path to the file at the
> top of the printed result, any clue why?

Printing from an application is not recommended, because that'll
basically always produce a pdf before giving it to cups. cups-filter
will then have to extract the text again, thus getting top/bottom notes
along the way, and have only a vague notion of what was meant to be a
paragraph.

> After a while, printing stopped working. I investigated the print command that
> cups showed:
>
> ile2brl -p -Chyphenate=yes -CliteraryTextTable=en-us-brf.dis,en-GB-g2.ctb,de-g2.ctb,de-de-comp8.ctb,braille-patterns.cti -CinputTextEncoding=UTF8 -CbraillePages=yes -CbraillePageNumberAt=bottom -CpageNumberBottomSeparateLine=yes -CprintPages=no -CpageSeparator=no -CpageSeparatorNumber=yes -CcontinuePages=no -CcellsPerLine=27 -ClinesPerPage=26 | | addmargins
>
> First I figured out that liblouisxml-data was missing, should this be added as
> a dependency?

liblouisxml-data would only be needed when using the corresponding
filters in liblouisxml-bin, which I don't think it is doing here?

> Second, there seems to be no addmargins in the Debian archive, is this an
> oversight?

See the cups-braille.sh helper script, sourced from texttobrf.

> Last but not least, there's a double pipe, I suppose dash doesn't like this.

That would happen if TRANSLATE (between the two '|') is empty, but the
texttobrf.in script should be already just dropping that part in that
case, if it's not the case more detailed investigation is needed.

> > I'd need to try it out myself. I'd think that curves are much more precise
> >> with ~50 DPI,
> >
> >Yes, but I'm unsure one can feel the difference that much.
>
> I have tried to plot a diagram that has two close lines and it shows as one
> line in the printed version.

Do you also mean that with the lower DPI you are not feeling the same?