Re: boot-time accessibility issues

john doe, le lun. 02 mars 2020 17:24:48 +0100, a ecrit:
> On 3/2/2020 5:13 PM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > john doe, le lun. 02 mars 2020 17:02:49 +0100, a ecrit:
> >> Prompting the user with a question asking if accessibility is desired
> >> would go a lon way.
> >
> > But we don't necessarily want to ask the question on all Debian systems
> > at all boot.
> >
> > I'm not saying that there is no solution. I'm saying that it's not just
> > a matter of adding a question, but rather to determine a reasonable way
> > to have it asked.
>
> One way could be to emit that prompt when the "low" priority is used.

You are here talking about the Debian Installer. Such a menu is in the
TODO-list, yes, we have already discussed about it.

But what Rich is after is an already-installed system, apparently. I
don't know if in his situation he can preseed some parameter. But again,
AIUI he would not be using the debian-installer but raspi etc. so
debian-boot and debian-accessibility can't do much about it.

> That way, the question would not be asked for regular user but could be
> triggered by choosing the low priority or preseeded in a preseed file.

Note that low priority and preseed still need to be set somehow, so it
doesn't solve the bootstrap question like the 's' boot shortcut does.