Re: Graphics (braille) embossing

Hi Samuel

Samuel Thibault schrieb am 20.02.2020, 10:05 +0100:
>> There is software for Windows, not part of the standard embosser driver,
>> which
>> can print SVG and black/white, 50 DPI pictures, so I was wondering whether
>> somebody did something similar on Debian?
>
>Yes, I did :)
>
>See the Braille Embossing section of /usr/share/doc/cups-filters/README.gz

Thanks, the description is very helpful. It mentions the Everst Index V4 model
being not tested and I even have an Index 5. I'll see how it works out.0

By skim-reading I understood that braille embossing is done transparently and
can be done even with HTML. How good is the interpretation of the layout? How
would I adjust settings such as the language to emboss? Ideally, I could
define this for each printer job.

>Sebastian Humenda, le jeu. 20 févr. 2020 08:39:04 +0000, a ecrit:
>> which can print SVG and black/white, 50 DPI pictures,
>
>In the driver I wrote for the Index devices, I only added support for
>1.5mm dot distance, thus 17DPI. I didn't have the time to add support
>for the 0.5mm resolution.

I'd need to try it out myself. I'd think that curves are much more precise
with ~50 DPI, but I agree that for most images it will not make much of a
difference.

As usual, quite impressive what you have done, thanks!

Sebastian