Re: no speech in buster alpha 5 amd64 iso image with a Realtek internal sound board

Nick Gawronski, le dim. 03 mars 2019 17:54:46 -0600, a ecrit:
> After this stable system is working properly should it be safe to
> upgrade to Buster?

Yes.

> When I just tried s and enter at the boot prompt for both stable and
> testing images I got no speech is the normal method to just press s
> and enter on a bios based system and speech should just start if there
> is just one sound card in the computer?

As documented, yes.

So you are saying that with exactly the same stable image (where did you
get it from exactly btw?), if you only press s and enter, you do not
get speech, but if you press a, enter, s, enter, x, enter, you do get
speech?  This is really really weird since the only difference between
the two cases is the debconf priority and kernel boot verbosity. It'd
really be useful to get sighted assistance to check what is showing up.