Future of Accessibility in Debian

Hi,
I have followed the discussion on the orca list lately and the conflicts around GTK 4 accessibility. I guess without getting into the drama of it all, I would just like to ask those who are knowledgeable if they think we will have Linux accessibility going into the future. I guess the issue seems to be that patches are being created for what upstream thinks is a broken system in some ways and it sounds like things like keyboard snooping could cause problems in the future. I honestly don't know enough to understand whether its broken from a design standpoint, however, it at least lets me use the computer.
I am not a skilled enough developer to understand all this yet but I rely on accessibility software for my job. I guess I would just like as honest as an answer as possible. If people think accessibility is going to be removed or key parts of the needed infrastructure, I see no other option than to buy a Mac now so that I can continue to operate the computer in the future. I did notice some comments that proposed removing ATK entirely which obviously would leave me dead in the water.. Ultimately, if the end is approaching, I would like to purchase a Mac  as soon as possible since I will have to relearn the computer and a new screen reader (VoiceOver and would like as smooth a transition as possible.
I love using free software and hope to continue doing so, however, I ultimately have to do what is necessary to keep my job so I can support myself.
Thanks for any information and i hope those here can understand my concerns and honestly just not knowing what to do based on not having the technical knowledge to understand entirely what is happening in the different upstream packages.