Re: at-spi 2.33 stack in experimental

Jérémy Prego, le mar. 03 sept. 2019 11:07:26 +0200, a ecrit:
> I have a regression when I want to read a document in su mode. the downgrader at-spi2-core has the old version (2.32.1-4) solves the problem.

> step to reproduce:
> 1. open a terminal
> 2. su-l and then password
> 3. pluma file
>
> here, orca does not read anything

Mmm, there are several things:

- su -l resets the environment, so it is expected that things won't
  work. Actually I wonder why you are not getting

  Cannot open display:
  Run 'pluma --help' to see a full list of available command line options.

  because DISPLAY would be unset. Are you perhaps setting DISPLAY to :0
  by hand in your root session scripts?

  Normally you would just use su to preserve the environment.

- with su -l, the DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS environment variable would be
  empty as well, but pluma etc. should be still able to get the at-spi
  bus from the xroot property. Does

  xprop -root AT_SPI_BUS

  return something?

- more generally, please git clone
  https://salsa.debian.org/a11y-team/check-a11y and run the ./troubleshoot
  script both in your user session and the obtained root session.

- All that said, I'm surprised using the 2.33 vs 2.32 stack makes a
  difference though, but the troubleshoot script should tell us more.