Re: no speech in buster alpha 5 amd64 iso image with a Realtek internal sound board

Hi, I just tested out the latest stable iso image and found that in order to enable software speech I had to press a then enter then s then enter then to have full control over the installation process I pressed x and enter a time or two.  I was then placed into the debian-installer main menu and so then tested this out with the alpha 5 iso image for amd64 and still no speech.  I was needing to install this system again as there were broken packages so I just reinstalled stable for now with the default package selections.  After this stable system is working properly should it be safe to upgrade to Buster?  I do plan to get the information from the debian-installer alpha 5 so that this sound card issue can be fixed but first wanted my system in a working state.  When I just tried s and enter at the boot prompt for both stable and testing images I got no speech is the normal method to just press s and enter on a bios based system and speech should just start if there is just one sound card in the computer?  Nick Gawronski