Re: [d-i] language selection bad for non English speakers

Hello,

> The problem was that right at the start there is a screen to choose the
> language of the installation process and the system installed, with a list of
> 29 languages, and then the following:
> "Next choices are available with '+' ".

Actually the "+" is not getting pronounced (see bug #690343) so that
it's really not obvious with speech how to get the subsequent choices.

Oh, I didn't notice that, I thought user was just having problems English understanding.

The paging feature was requested so that one can review the
choices with the speakup reviewing facilities, but it seems
that for now it brings more harm than good,

I don't think I understand the motivation behind the pagination, I don't get what "can review the
choices with the speakup reviewing facilities" exactly means and its benefit.

so I have disabled
it for now, until #690343 gets fixed.

Thank you for that, I will forward that to the person who reported it.
Is there something that we can fix it on stable?
I ask this because the user had this problem with the 9.8 ISO, and so I think we should change that on stable, otherwise it will still be a problem for the majority of our users, right?

The upstream report is
https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/issues/150 , it would probably be
useful to hint there that we'd like that to be fixed.

Since the original bug report (linked on the github issue) has almost 5 years now, I don't have hopes that it will be fixed soon.

Thanks,

--
Samuel Henrique <samueloph>