Re: default desktop

On 08/02/2019 19:24, john doe wrote:
> Do you have any pointers on where I can find what happened in Mate with
> regard to blindness?

Well I am not Samuel, but I will give my answers ;)

First of all, you'd need to have compiz-reloaded version 8-16, released
two months ago to get all the enhacements, cf. for instance:
https://gitlab.com/compiz/compiz-core/blob/master/NEWS
which includes:
Introduce at-spi support for ezoom

Practically that means that a user with a low vision will have
the cursor staying in the same screen area when zooming
(e.g. a text editor or a terminal) and typing: that's the
window that moves, rather than the cursor.

Then, if you tune your keyboard shortcuts that can brink nice
accessibility key bindings cf.:
http://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-testing/source/slint-docs/accessibilty/CompizShortcuts

It is also possible to tune the configuration of marco and
compiz so the main navigation key bindings be the same, for instance:
Cycle between windows <Alt>Tab
Cycle backward between windows <Shift><Alt>Tab
Cycle between panels and the desktop <Control><Alt><Tab>
Cycle backwards between panels and the desktop <Shift><Control><Alt><Tab>

Here (next Slint) I patched org.mate.marco.gschema.xml to get
this result, cf.:
http://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-testing/source/marco/Slint_keybindings_to_cycle_windows_and_panels.diff
but I have no idea about the default settings in Debian.

Best,

Didier