Re: Request for CLI espeak Install to have needed CLI programs for blind.

On 12/10/2018 5:25 PM, D.J.J. Ring, Jr. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there someone to ask to see if we can obtain a basic CLI system with
> speech for blind users who want CLI system?
>
> Using the Debian installer, there still is a lot of effort to be done to
> come up with a useful system.
>
> One shortcoming is an easy way to configure WiFi networks.  Ceni is
> excellent but it's not in Debian repos, but in AntiX based on Debian or
> with smxi script.
>
> With smxi you can install browsers and editors easily.
>
> One bug that's a real pain is that somehow ldconfig doesn't get installed
> with the current CLI install.
>
> Arch Linux has a CLI install that's ready to go but it's not Debian which
> has it's advantages of it's own especially with stability.
>
> A CLI accessible installation CD would be a real asset.  An easy console
> wifi setup would also help.  Ceni works but it's difficult to understand
> with screen reader because it uses curses graphics.

I'm assuming that by the CLI you mean 'console mode'.

Debian is fully accessible using the CLI during and after installation.
The option "install with speatch" is to be selected at install time,
when installed exporting the en 'DEBIAN_FRONTEND=readline' will help
using the CLI.

>From what you are describing, it souns like the user needs to learn the
CLI rather then the CLI not being  accessible with 'espeakup'.

--
John Doe