Re: loss of speech in speakup when switching between console and gui

On 13/11/2018 00:42, Samuel Thibault wrote:
Hello,

Keith Barrett, le mar. 02 oct. 2018 17:04:37 +0100, a ecrit:
I am loosing speech in the console using speakup after switching back from
the desktop.
To reproduce, log in to the desktop and make sure orca is working.
Then switch to one of the text consoles with control alt f4.
Result for me is that speakup is no longer working.
This happens more the 50 percent of the time.

I have found an issue in libespeak-ng which makes it hang on getting put
on pause. Could you try the packages on

https://people.debian.org/~sthibault/tmp/sid-tmp/libespeak-ng1_1.49.2+dfsg-7~0_amd64.deb
https://people.debian.org/~sthibault/tmp/sid-tmp/espeak-ng-data_1.49.2+dfsg-7~0_amd64.deb

which seem to be fixing the issue in my tests.
Yes, it is working here as well.
Thanks for the fix!