Re: Fwd: Re: loss of speech in speakup when switching between console and gui

Hello,

On 06/11/2018 15:56, Keith Barrett wrote:
> Do you intend to keep the file available for download, I am sure it will be
> appreciated as it makes debian usable once more as long as pulseaudio is
> purged from the system.

Well, I am not comfortable storing permanently binary files without context and
associated source files, even in a testing repository.

But the source files are here:
http://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-14.2.1/source/espeakup/

The build script is:
http://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-14.2.1/source/espeakup/espeakup.SlackBuild

The Slint package is there:
http://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-14.2.1/slint/espeakup-0.80-x86_64-7slint.txz

Basically, you can just download it, untar it (it's just a compressed archive)
then reuse usr/bin/espeakup that you'll find in the tree.

But it'd be better to rebuild that locally to avoid dependencies issues, that's
basically just a matter of make & make install, nothing fancy. Just make sure
you have espeak-ng installed.

Didier