Re: How to use a better TTS, such as Pico?

Dear Sirs,

Good afternoon. I have used the information provided by Mr. (Dr.)
Jeremy Whiting. I have installed libttspico package and used it from
within Libreoffice.

How can I use spd-conf to use pico package directly from within Jovie?
Using c programming language?

In LibreOffice there is an add-on, read_text.2018.08.12.oxt, that has
an option using an external program such as python3 to read
libreOffice documents via this code:

/usr/bin/python2.7
or
/usr/bin/python3.3

"(PICO_READ_TEXT_PY)" --language=(SELECTION_LANGUAGE_COUNTRY_CODE)
--visible=false "(TMP)"

The Add-on is downloaded from
https://extensions.libreoffice.org/extensions/read-text/0-8.37/@@download/file/read_text.2018.08.12.oxt

How can I combine the two lines of codes to read directly from a
copied to clibboard from a text file?

I have installed the three files from Debian package archive for Wheezy:
from https://www.debian.org/distrib/packages
libttspico0_1.0+git20110131-2_i386.deb
libttspico-data_1.0+git20110131-2_all.deb
libttspico-utils_1.0+git20110131-2_i386.deb

It has a package called pico2wave that uses this code:
Usage: pico2wave <words>
  -w, --wave=filename.wav     Write output to this WAV file (extension SHOULD
                              be .wav)
  -l, --lang=lang             Language (default: "en-US")

Help options:
  -?, --help                  Show this help message
      --usage                 Display brief usage message

Regards,
Rajib